1. I read two "Ten on Tuesday" posts in my Google Reader today from people who hadn't posted for a long time. It reminded me...I haven't posted in a long time.
2. It seems like a long summer, I think because Daylight Savings Time started so early. Then the days became incredibly long with daylight from 5:00-ish a.m. until 9 p.m. Now they're finally getting shorter, and it makes me sad. I love long summer days.
3. Loving long summer days aside...I hope we've seen the last of the 100-degree days for 2012.
4. I just got notified by My Fitness Pal that I have logged in now for 70 days in a row. That's when I got disgusted with myself for how fat I am and started my 1,055th diet (or so it seems). Actually, I should say "get healthy plan" instead of "diet" because that day, 70 days ago, I began with simply resolving to log my food every day and NOT CHEAT. Baby steps.
5. The Monday after I started logging my food again, I went for a walk. (I start a lot of things on Mondays that I quit doing by Friday.) This particular Monday (June 4th), I walked through a shopping center near my house and found StarFit Studio. Something written on the door caught my eye ("small group training for women"), and I backed up...and went in. It was a new fitness club (opened in November, 2011) which is just what it says it is - training for women, in small groups. One trainer working with up to 4 women at a time. The next day, I went there for a free trial, after which I signed up for a three-month period. The next day after that, I began a new journey.
6. Since June 6th, I have lost 15.6 pounds.
7. I fully intend to continue at StarFit Studio beyond the three months. I chose a short period to start with in order to see if I could stick with it. I can.
8. Losing weight at 57 years old is HARD. Did I mention StarFit Studio has a nutrition counselor, though? It does. And she's awesome. I have to follow 10 rules for eating, and they are mostly simple but of course, the hard ones are REALLY hard.
9. Probably the thing that has helped me the most is trying to reduce my sodium intake to 1500 mg a day. Because to do that, you have to cut out eating so much processed food. Clever, that Michelle, NOT telling me to cut out processed food but instead telling me to cut my sodium down to 1500 mg a day. See? that way, I figured out my own self to stop eating so much processed food!
10. Sugar is still a problem for me, and Starbucks Frappuccinos (the ones in the bottle, not the ones made for you at Starbucks). I have cut my consumption of Frappuccinos way down, though. I am out of them right now, so am experimenting with making my own, lighter version. It helps that my nieces gave me a milk frother for Mother's Day last year.